I’ve really been enjoying the weather we’ve been having this week and have spent the past couple of days working in the yard. I’ll be posting pictures on here when those projects are complete (hopefully next week!).
The pool is just now getting warm enough to swim in comfortably and when I saw this project on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one for myself!
This project was so easy, quick and inexpensive. My favorite kind!
Here are the supplies you will need:
- A pool noodle (I got mine on clearance at Target last season for $1.38, but I think they are usually only around $2.)
- A plastic bin (You might have one lying around that you can use. I got one at Wal-Mart for 98 cents.)
- Serrated edge knife
- Ice and drinks to fill it up!
- Measure and cut four pieces of the pool noodle with a knife. To measure, I just held the noodle up to the side of the bin and cut it at the end.
- Cut a piece of rope that is long enough to wrap around all four sides of your bin with a few inches of extra slack.
- Thread the rope through all four pieces of the noodle in a short piece, long piece, short piece, long piece order.
- Wrap the rope around the top of the bin (but under the lip) and tie the two ends of the rope together so that the noodles are tight around the edges of the plastic bin.
- Fill it with ice and drinks and drop it in the pool!
There’s only just the two of us so mine is just a shoebox size plastic container will hold three or four drinks. You can always buy a bigger bin to hold more drinks. It’s totally customizable!
Let me know if you make one for yourself! Have a great weekend!