The holidays are coming and soon you’ll be looking for an easy and delicious recipe for your cookie exchange! Don’t say I didn’t warn you! 🙂
So today, I wanted to share with you my favorite gluten free cookie recipe… Double Peanut Butter!
We’ve tried various versions of this, but our favorite is definitely the peanut butter cookie with peanut butter chips in it. My second favorite would be with white chocolate chips… O.M.G. But, that variation can get a little overwhelmingly sweet if you don’t watch it.
I’m trying something a little different with this recipe… a YouTube video! LOL The printable recipe is still available below.
Just as a heads up, Hershey’s website say that their baking chips are gluten free but always check the label. Their website also states that the ingredients change on occasion — better safe than sorry!
|Gluten Free Double Peanut Butter Cookies|| |
- ½ c butter, softened
- ¾ C peanut butter
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ¾ C white sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 C peanut butter chips
- Cream together softened butter and peanut butter with mixer.
- Add in brown sugar and white sugar. Mix until blended.
- Next, mix in egg, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Now, add in flour a little at a time scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally with a spatula. Then, add baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in peanut butter chips by hand.
- Form dough into balls and place on cookie sheets approximately 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.