In about a week or so, I’ll be cruising the high seas. I can’t wait, and I’m not ashamed to say I started packing like a month ago. I’m a terrible procrastinator until it comes to travel. I’m all over that!
This all got me thinking… Being organized at home makes your life easier, and when you’re on vacation, the same applies. Travelling is stressful enough without having to worry about “Did I bring that?” and “If I did, where the heck is it?”. So, I’m going to bring you along for a packing series and we’ll start with must haves — items that I have found that make my life so much easier when we’re travelling. And now, I’m sharing them with you!!
(1) Travel Laundry Bag by reisenthel®, Container Store – I’ve had this laundry bag for a while now, and I really like it. It folds down neatly and fits into its own bag about the size of your palm. It takes up almost no room in your suitcase but holds quite a bit of laundry. My husband and I both use it and have never had a problem with running out of room.
(2) HALO 3000 mAh Portable Charger with Accessories & Gift Box, QVC – Pull it out of your purse and it charges your cell phone. What’s not to love?
(3) Divided Pill Boxes, Container Store – I have terrible problems with motion sickness and allergies, so I carry a ton of different medications with me when I travel. We also carry Advil and Aleve just to be safe. These little containers keep everything organized! I just stick a little label to the outside so I know which pill is which.
(4) Ditty Bag in Blue Bayou, Vera Bradley — This could have been any of the travel bags from Vera Bradley. I actually love them all! This bag in particular is lined with a vinyl fabric (the cosmetic bags are, too!) so it is great for bringing home wet bathing suits. Last year, I used one to pack my tennis shoes in that I had worn out in the desert in Arizona (covered in red clay!) so I didn’t get dirt all over the rest of my clothes. They are great for keeping items separated from the rest of your stuff.
(5) The “In A Pikle” bag – Genius, pure genius.
(6) 3-1-1 Cosmetic in Blue Bayou, Vera Bradley – This 3-1-1 bag from Vera Bradley is the best clear container that I’ve found for organizing your liquids to go through security. It’s small and compact, but it holds quite a bit. I love it!
(7) Set of 5 Safari Travel Organizers with Tote by Lori Greiner – I bought mine from QVC, but it’s no longer available. However, there are still some to be found on eBay. This set includes five travel organizers — one each for jewelry, cosmetics, toiletries, undergarments, and shoes plus the matching tote. My pack was missing the one for shoes, but, even without, this set is amazing. I really appreciate how much each organizer holds and how, even when they are filled the the brim, they still fold flat and fit in the tote that came with it.
(8) Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Starter Set, Amazon – I highly recommend packing cubes. They will make your life so much easier. I have been able to keep our clothing so much more organized since I started using packing cubes. I pack like items in a cube — for example, all tops in one cube, all shorts in another. But, I have known people to pack each days clothing in cubes to keep it organized by day. I’m super excited for our next trip, because I’ll be using the packing envelope for the first time. I’m hoping that it will help minimize the wrinkles in our nicer clothes.
(9) Taylor 8120 Digital Luggage Scale, Amazon – You’ll be happy you have this on your way home after scoring all your vacation loot! No one wants to pay for overweight luggage!
(10) Lug Tango Travel Wallet, Amazon – I love this wallet – especially when cruising. There’s a place for your passport, boarding pass, ID, and even a spot for extra papers. Keeping those things handy and organized for everyone in my party is essential! I only wish it had some sort of RFID protection for my passport but still a great wallet — and it comes in fun colors!
I hope you found something you can use on your next trip! Keep watching for more travel organization posts in the coming weeks!
If you love travelling as much as I do and want to see more packing ideas, click below to follow my travel board on Pinterest!